Thursday 2 June 2011

My Kitty Cat

My Kitty Cat, my room mate and I found her one fine morning, shivering and very, very hungry. Since my room mate doesnot take too well to cats or any furry animals, it was upto me to make our kitty feel at home...and so began our little tale of love. She took to me fast, always following me around, stroking my legs with her soft, smooth furry body and tail. And even when she ate, she always curled her tail around my hand, so that she knows I'm not far away. She was a sweetheart, very tame, very lazy and very loveable. Her favorite sleeping joint was my lap and she always knew when was her time to get pampered, because she's always right outside my door when i look for her.

But every story has its ups and downs. I will be leaving my Hostel soon since my semester is ending, and my friends advised that it will be better if i can find my kitty a good home, since i probably cant take her home. Oh! I know they had the best intention in their mind, but as is always the case not every good intention is meant for you. My room mate, who had come to love Kitty as much as I, tried to find some other alternative to the proposal of sending kitty away. I know how she felt, she also worried about Kitty and fed her regularly, although she was still hesitant about cuddling Kitty. But when the woman came to take kitty with the promise of a good home, it broke my heart to see her go. It took all my resolve not to snatch kitty away from her and keep her with me as i saw kitty struggle to escape. But at the end she went away. Unfortunately, the very next morning, the woman came to inform us that kitty has escaped last night and have not come back ever since. So now I wait everyday for kitty to return to me. I know she has every right to be angry with me, but i still wait for her and this time I have resolved that if i find her, I am going to keep her and take care of her and never send her away. And so i wait....with every ounce of belief that I will find her someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment